The dandelion root is commonly used to prepare tinctures. Tinctures are herbal medicines used to extend the life of the herb. Tinctures are prepared by extracting the medicinal benefits of the herb into alcohol. Dandelion root tincture can be used to treat the following health conditions:
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
1. Fresh or dried dandelion root can be used to prepare the tincture. Grind 1/2 cup of fresh dandelion root or 1/4 cup of dried dandelion root. You can use a food processor or a coffee grinder to grind dandelion root.
2. Place the root in a sterile glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
3. If you used fresh dandelion root, add 1 cup of vodka to the jar.
If you used dried dandelion root, add 1/2 cup of vodka and 1/2 cup water to the jar.
4. Cover the jar with the lid and shake well.
5. Label with the contents and date of preparation.
6. Shake the jar once a day for two weeks.
7. After two weeks, strain the dandelion root from the herbal tincture.
8.Place the herbal tinctuew in dark colored glass bottles with a dropper
9. Dandelion root tincture can be taken at the following adult dose:
10 to 15 ml, 3-4 times per day.